Sunday, March 22, 2009

Revelation!

Hello from Encarnacion, Paraguay..
Im pretty sure i do this blog to remember this cause im pretty sure not to many people read it but its cool cause its something i will be able to look back on. I've started writing a book about my year of service. I don't know what's going to be in it but i'm really excited about doing it and see what comes of it. 
So at last the fast is over and i must say it was a experience of a lifetime! It was very challenging but i felt it more, i felt more connected to the fast and i feel that now i understand the true meaning of why we fast! I dont know the feeling of when you do something just because thats what you were told you were suppose to do and then you discover the reason why for yourself, its an amazing feeling.
Since i was fasting i wanted to do as little as possible. So i found myself in my room most of the time going crazy! So i've had alot of time to think about things and i am convinced that god wants me to be a EXPERT at Jr. Youth groups. The jyg have been one of the hardest things to do here! And its just a coincidence that i happen to be involved in all the pyg here. See, me and martin have activities together and we have our own. He has no pyg except one which we both do and the rest our mind. And as i have said they have been extremely difficult to start and let alone in spanish.. But i have learned to not let my judgement cloud my mind. Cause i thought everyone of my groups would be impossiable but all it required was a little extra work. Once i gained the trust of the kids the groups were so much easier to do. Now i love going to them and i love hanging out with them and them seeing  me as a brother. They come to me when they have problems and everything. Just another reassures i am here doing the right thing

No comments: