Sunday, March 15, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Hey everyone! Well we only lack about 5 days until this wondrous fast is over! Don't get me wrong i have loved it because i have actually had the opportunity to deepen on the writing and stuff but it is one of the hardest things i have had to endure. Normally for me the fast is that hard, it usually a mind of matter thing, but here it near impossible. Luckily the weather is calming down because it becoming Fall here but still. I hardly ever have energy to do anything and we are constantly going places. It gets so frustrating cause all i want to do is sleep. And since time has change and went back an hour the soon leaves alot earlier at like 5:45 now which makes it easier. Then again i hardly ever wake up to eat breakfast so its kind of my fault too. 
So its almost the three month mark a time has flew by so fast! And i use to tell people when they ask me if i miss home, i would say no not now but in three months or so probly. Now its hitting hard! I miss home so much. At night its pretty bad cause i am alone in my room talking to all my friends and seeing what life is like back home and it makes me wanna go home just for a few days. I get jealous when everyone can go visit there families and frinds and i have to wait a good year. But who knows by the time its time to leave it will be the complete opposite. 
So this week was to eventful just the normal activities. Tuesday we had the py group in the high school and we showed them Couch Carter to try and inspire them and i think it worked more or less. They talked a little more but they still arent really giving us the time nor the day. But i will work my charm on them, i will make it happen. ;)
Friday was another busy day and we had our other group of py in the 7th grade. This group is full of life and character and they each have distinct personality. They are more like the groups you read in book5! But we also showed them the movie and they loved it and asked a bunch of question and i felt like they were inspired. Afterwards was one of the py birthday and they she had brought some club quality stereo  system and cds. Then the kids were dancing and i was pretty shocked. I mean i see dancing like that all the time in clubs in stuff but never with 7th graders in school!! Here its nothing but to me its kind of a culture shock! I think its latino culture in general. I found it very funny and shocking at the same time! 
Well thats it for this week. See you all later!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julian, whenever you are missing home, just know you mother is missing you more.

xoxo
Mom

Simone GM said...

hahahaha.. dancing, dancing, yeah man, i remember my children class in ecuador in a little town there, sometime we haved our "party", because was new year.. i don't remember something like that so.. i was O_o mmm? what?? my pour kids! dancing like.. hahaha but is the culture.. i don't know, this's ... my dear friend lol :P