Monday, January 5, 2009

Paraguay!


So after months and months of planning i am finally in Paraguay! It is beautiful here! It was nothing like i expected! There is so much to write where do i start? The trip there was pretty bad. Here is why:
  1. Every flight that i had, i sat all the way in the back
  2. I sat down in a space about the size of a small desk in between too very big people for 8 hours
  3. I was uncomfortable beyond reason
  4. Flight got Cancelled from Miami to Sao Paulo 
  5. I got lost in the airport in Brazil and no one would help me
  6. When i left atlanta it was 40 degress when i get here its a million and one degrees
 But the country is beautiful! It is so different from the United States and its not like i imagined at all. Its so beautiful. There are mango trees everywhere! I pick them right off the tree and eat them.

The ideal i had when i got here was 2 or 3 people i would meet and i know the language barrier would be somewhat hard but i was wrong. I was greeted at the airport by about 10 girls and some spoke english so i was relieved and overwhelmed at the same time. I get to the house i will be staying at till tomorrow and there are like 50 youth here! I broke down the first day here because i was so overwhelmed that i wasnt able to speak to people and they werent really talking to me and when they did it was in spanish and really fast. After being depressed at my own will  i prayed for assitance and the very next day i broke out of my shell and jumped right in it! They were very eager to teach me. 



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there it gets better lol

Anonymous said...

i am so proud of you! when you need all of us we are right with you, pray hard and feel us!
you are doing what Abdu'l-Baha longed to do....
keep smilin'!!
much, much love from the nicholson's

Just Mom said...

Hi my son, it's mom, just in case you are unsure:) I am sorry you had such a difficult time initially, but i have faith in you. Julian you are the third best ting that has happened to me in my life:
1-I became a Baha'i
2-I married your dad
3-I gave birth to you
I consider all the thing a blessing, from God. Be safe my son. I know you will be find, because you are serving the Master
Love you soooooo much!

Sevda and Michael Teske said...

Hi Julian, when I just started my year of service at the Holy Land, it was very hard, I was part of a cleaning team and we worked from 6 am till 6 pm, I never thought it would be that hard and I cried. But once you get used to it and start appreciating your experience it will become the most precious memories for the life time. It is a great priviledge and blessing to pioneer and serve our beloved Cause. You'll be in my prayers. Sevda

Unknown said...

Julian I'm So proud of you.
grandma and granpa are so proud of you. You are so special your going to do so many great things with your life. I see that in you. things are always hard in the begining but it's worth it in the end.. i pray everyday god will keep you safe..
love always aunt Liz

Anonymous said...

Aww julian dont cry!! im so nervouse OH MY GOSH!! im sorry i dont have any.....wise things to say or any taps for you to learn spainish a bit quicker!! hahaha im just kidding!! well i thought that the fruit thing was pretty amazing!! and man i can only dream for now of what my year of service could be like! from what im hearing from you im a bit scared.I watched this movie called Slumdog Millionare it took place in India and it was sooo scarry these guys in white came attaking these women and kids...i know its just a movie and all but still thats scarry...sorry fro getting off topic! but yeah im soo excited for you!! it feels like i havent seen you in like 12242 years!! i always wright soo darn much!!! ok bye!! i love you and HAVE FUN!!! and i hope your spanish gets batter! : )

Anonymous said...

Aww julian dont cry!! im so nervouse OH MY GOSH!! im sorry i dont have any.....wise things to say or any taps for you to learn spainish a bit quicker!! hahaha im just kidding!! well i thought that the fruit thing was pretty amazing!! and man i can only dream for now of what my year of service could be like! from what im hearing from you im a bit scared.I watched this movie called Slumdog Millionare it took place in India and it was sooo scarry these guys in white came attaking these women and kids...i know its just a movie and all but still thats scarry...sorry fro getting off topic! but yeah im soo excited for you!! it feels like i havent seen you in like 12242 years!! i always wright soo darn much!!! ok bye!! i love you and HAVE FUN!!! and i hope your spanish gets batter! : ) jasmine!